Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Campus Shots


I’ve shown you my apartment and how I get to the internet café, now I’m going to show you how campus has changed.

The back of the school is now, or at least is going to be the front of the school. The entrance is marked by two mirrored stones with the school’s name on them, separated by a grassy, landscaped island. In the second picture, to the east of those stones you can see the building is still going on in the housing development. To the west of the housing area is the stately new library and gymnasium. The library is open for business. The gym is not yet ready. The shorter building next to the library building is a Teacher Activity Center.

The red and white building directly behind the stones bearing the school name is Teaching Building 5, where I conduct my Sophomore English classes. Eventually all English classes will be held in this teaching building. The stately maroon colored building you can see through the archway is Teaching Building 2, where I held my first class ever at this university.

Other pictures included in this entry are: the entrance to my apartment building. My apartment is to the right of the stairwell on the ‘ground floor’. Victor’s apartment is the one with all the junk on the balcony. He ‘lives’ right next door to me, although he doesn’t really live there. He just flops there on days he has classes.

A wide angled view of the housing area, although that is rather a misnomer because the first building you see – the one the van is parked behind is a professional building, housing administrative offices. My apartment building is catty-corner behind it.

A wide angled view of the new library/gym. The teacher’s activity center is behind the gym, not visible in this shot.

The back gate, in the process of becoming the front gate. What is now the main gate, the one that lets out to The Street will become the back gate once the campus transformation is complete.

Nowadays I tend to make my escape off of campus via this back gate. In the next post I would like to show you how dramatically the landscape is changing in Wuhan.

Hope you enjoy the pictures!








No comments:

Post a Comment