Sunday, February 19, 2012

Bad Blogger!


I am a bad, bad blogger! I should be writing and writing, but…

See, I have this insistent need to keep this story in order. And, to do so, the next thing I have to write about is my trip to the small villages, Hong Hu Bai Miao and Shi Shou. The problem is I just can’t get a feel for how I want them to turn out. More specifically: I do have a feel for how I want them to turn out; I just don’t seem to be able to achieve it.

I’ve started writing that entry twice, and both times they have not turned out flavorful and informative. To me they come out ponderous and not fun at all.

I enjoy writing, and I hope and want you to enjoy reading what I write. If I don’t feel good about publishing an entry, I won’t publish it. That means that the narrative – this blog, comes to a standstill. That is why I call myself a bad blogger.

So, what say I do this: I let go of that part of the story, kick it down to the boys in the basement and get on with what I already have formulated in my head that is ready to see print. That way you are not bored with pedantic prose and I will not feel like I’m publishing for the sake of publishing.

I’ll get back to the villages and tell that part of my trip the way it should be told, once I can get it right. I promise. There are some very interesting and fun cultural aspects to the wedding I attended while in Hong Hu, and there are some insightful observations I made in both Hong Hu and in Shi Shou that I want to share with you.

For the sake of keeping things moving though, I’ll progress on to Beijing.

Pack your bags! Here we go…

No comments:

Post a Comment