Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Where Did I Go?





At first I did really well about reporting on my doings over here in the U.S. And then, nothing.

Believe me: you did not fall off my radar. I see my responsibilities as a member of this community seriously. I would not suddenly quit writing and/or communicating without a good reason. And I have a good reason.

I should have known better. My sister and I had already hiked more than 3 miles - on even terrain, but still: I could feel my legs getting tired. When my niece called, talking about an exciting hiking trail to a waterfall I could hardly wait to go! My initial plan was to check out the trail and return another day. I was already tired, after all.

But then, my niece bounded down the incline and I followed her. Overeagerness or plain idiocy? Who knows?

The end result was that I broke my leg in 2 places and had to have emergency surgery. I just got out of the hospital yesterday. I've been in no shape or mood to address my dear relatives, to say nothing of an entire community of no doubt caring bloggers.

Also: I've been trying to figure out how I'm going to take care of myself once back in China, where all of the luxuries that make life so convenient - cars, motorized shopping baskets, and relatives who will do anything I ask will not be available.

However, there is a silver lining among all the pain and trouble.
1. X-rays showed strong bones - no sign of osteoporosis
2. Bloodwork showed no illness or deficiency.
3. Blood pressure is normal - no heart disease.
4. I will get preferential treatment at the airport and a comfy seat on the plane! - That might just be the very best news of all.

So, dear friends: I'm about 4 days from being back at my computer and able to report regularly (and read/comment on your stories). There are so many stories to share! Please bear with me. Until then, I wish everyone a joyous Lunar New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment