Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Headin’ Out Again!




Guess what? Gary found an incredibly good deal on plane ticket to Xi’an! We’ll leave this Wednesday – that would be tomorrow, and come back on Sunday.

I am so looking forward to shepherding him through my beloved city! He only went there as a small child and has virtually no memory of the place. I can’t wait to amaze and wow him with Muslim Street, the Drum and Bell Towers, the City Wall… everything that makes Xi’an so… so… Xi’an!

So off I go, dear readers. Tomorrow early I will be on a plane.

When I come back it will not be to tell you about Xi’an. You already know all about it from the posts I’ve already written: Muslim Street, Wild Goose Pagodas, Big and Small, How I spent my Chinese New Year and others.

What I am going to tell you about is how Gary saw the city, and his reaction to it.

Now I have to go pack and eat dinner. It will be an early night tonight for an early wake up call tomorrow. I’m so excited to be traveling again, and with my best traveling buddy that I don’t know if I’ll be able to go to sleep. Another thing that might keep me awake…

Why, WHY do people consider 5AM a good time to wake up???  

No comments:

Post a Comment