Thursday, October 20, 2011

The blog Blurb:

My dear friends: living in a construction zone has its challenges. Noise, dirt, being far removed from everything... and missing you. I miss writing you every few days.

The school administration is really trying everything they can to get me connected again. Sam wrangled permission for me to use the English Department's office so I can access their wireless network. Unfortunately, while my old laptop will access the network, it will not transmit anything. Apparently my wireless card is configured to a different frequency. It sees the network but won't transmit anything.

Sam volunteered his laptop, but he is writing his thesis and needs his computer. As you can see, we're trying really hard but so far, nothing is working.

Nothing to do but walk to this Internet cafe, about 2 km from my house, and access the internet from there. So, twice a week I'm sending blog entries to my conspirators, who have the patience of angels. They faithfully and dutifully post whatever I send them.

I sent them this. In my heart, you are watching, watching... maybe growing discouraged. Have I decided to quit writing? Is there nothing new to share? No, my friends. No way am I forgetting you, and there's plenty to share. Just no quick way to get it to you.

For now, until I get connected again, look for new entries toward the end of the week. I plan on making the trek to this Internet bar on Thursdays and Saturdays, when my schedule is lightest. There will be new things to read then. I promise.

Thanks again for going with me on this adventure. I could not do it without you.

Thinking of you;

Your vagabond writer

No comments:

Post a Comment