Sunday, August 7, 2011

Now Vagabonding in Earnest!

Well, my dear Readers, as you've probably guessed or have been apprised of, I am now vagabonding in earnest. Going from state to state on a greyhound bus, visiting loved one after loved one, collecting all manner of impressions and all sorts of neat things to write about...

The only downside to vagabonding in earnest is that I can either experience vagabonding, or write about it. I would definitely not be so curmudgeonly as to visit with a loved one and tell them "I've got to take a break from the limited time I have to spend with you so I can write about it. Oh, and by the way: may I borrow your computer, please?"

So here's the way things are going now: I am writing my impressions, topics I want to share with you in a notebook as the bus races down the highway to my next destination. When I get a little bit of downtime - like now, I will post a note to let you know I'm thinking about you and haven't forgotten about you.

How could I? For the most part, it is you I'm visiting with. Except for the parting of ways at the end of the visit and the tears that inevitably fall , everything is going very well and we are all having a great time.

And now, the adventure continues... Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment